Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day, but ended up turning into a 5 mile run – how did that happen? For some reason I had the strong urge to run so I headed out on a 5:1 run/walk and ran for a total of 40 minutes. Felt great. I did get my stretching in too, which felt even better!
I made my first angel food cake last night! I think it turned out pretty well and I bought some red sparkly gel to decorate it with.
I also attempted to make a mousse last night that I saw on Frugal Feeding, but failed miserably and it didn’t set right. So, this morning I added 1.5 cups of rolled oats, some whole wheat flour and a tiny bit of baking soda and cooked it on 350 for 20 mins. It turned out great! It’s a very rich little cake and the whole mixture contains 900 calories, so each slice will be around 90 cals – not too shabby for how good it tastes!
Today’s workout: 35 minute swim circuit. (1 lap freestyle, 1 lap kick board, 1 lap freestlye, 1 lap arms only, repeat). Wasn’t the world’s longest swim, but I wasn’t really feelin’ it and I needed to be int he office a bit earlier today.
Today is finally the day – girl’s weekend starts at 6pm! Have I mentioned how excited I am about this? When my girl friends and I get together we revert back to childhood, except for the drinking, covering ourselves in temporary tats and taking copious amounts of pictures. It’s awesome.
Here are some Friday thoughts:
- It’s been 1 week of adding bread into my diet and I don’t like it. I feel bloated and my skin is gross. No more bread.
- I need more sleep. 10pm will be my new bedtime.
- I haven’t been laughing enough lately – this weekend should fix that
- Been taking prenatal vitamins for 1 week now – already notice improvement in hair and yes (winning!)
- Day dreaming about hanging out at the beach with the bf is seriously impacting my productivity at work – is it October yet?